Tobacco Health Risks
Tobacco has many negative side-affects that you should be aware of before using it. It is especially important to learn the inherent risks of using tobacco since it is both highly addictive and may be a huge threat to your health.
Nicotine in tobacco – a strong poison – is . It stimulates the same areas of the brain as cocaine and amphetamines, and tolerance to nicotine develops faster than to cocaine or to heroin.
Neurochemically, the body adapts to the toxins in tobacco a few hours after smoking – which quickly makes smoking necessary in order to feel "normal."
- Cancer – Cancer of the lungs, mouth, throat, esophagus, and more.
- Frequent colds.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Heart disease.
Other Negatives Your Date Won't Like
- Stained teeth.
- Bad breath.
- Clothes, hair, hands, room, and car reek of smoke.
- Premature face wrinkles.
- Diminished sense of taste and smell.
- Smoking drains your wallet ($2.25 or more a pack).
- Chewing tobacco leaves gross stuff between your teeth – no kissing for you.
By smoking, you hurt others. Tobacco smoke is a serious threat to the health of nonsmokers. Smoke in the air from others' cigarettes contains toxic chemicals including tar, nicotine, carbon monoxide, arsenic, and cyanide.